This Customer Service Commitment informs you of the standard of service that can be expected from us and provides an avenue on our performance.
This commitment explains:
- What you can expect from us
- How you can help us
- How you can give us feedback
- How you can contact us
What you can expect from us:
The community is entitled to expect the business of DIER to be conducted with efficiency, economy, fairness, impartiality and integrity.
To meet this expectation, when dealing with you our staff will:
- Always be courteous and helpful
- Identify themselves when speaking to you
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely information
- Treat you fairly and consistently
- Use clear and concise language
- Be sensitive to diversity issues
- Ensure that any information provided is in keeping with DIER policy
If you telephone us we will:
- Manage your call between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm each working day
- Identify ourselves when we speak to you
- Where your enquiry is the responsibility of another agency, refer you to that agency
- Aim to resolve your enquiry during the call. If the query is more complex, we will respond to you by a return phone telephone call as soon as possible and within 10 working days.
If you contact us via the website or email us, we will:
- Respond to you within 10 working days of receipt. Where this is not possible, due to the nature of the enquiry, we will:
Inform you of the time needed to provide a final response
Give you a name and telephone number to call if you have further queries
You can assist us by:
- Providing timely, accurate and sufficient information to enable us to respond to you in the advised time
- Advising us if matters are urgent or time sensitive so that we can do all that we can to respond within an acceptable timeframe
- Responding to our requests within the advised time
- Being courteous and respectful in your dealings with us
- Listening carefully and communicating clearly
While DIER may provide assistance in the interpretation of legislation, it does not provide legal advice. If specific advice is required, you should seek this from your own legal representative.
How you can give us feedback:
We welcome any comments and suggestions you might have on improving our services.
Your feedback helps us to determine your satisfaction with our services and continuously improve our performance.