To view these PDF files indicated by the icon you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have a copy you can download a version directly from Adobe by following this link .
The Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources provides infrastructure for the social and economic development of Tasmania.
The Department’s role is to support the existing commercial and social structure and to facilitate new development that will enable Tasmania to prosper.
In pursuing this purpose, the Department aims to ensure the effective integration of the key infrastructure serving the community. This comprises the physical transport and energy assets (for example roads, bridges and ports), and the policy environment and regulatory systems in which business is conducted (for example in transport, mining and forestry).
A collaborative approach by the Department is a critical dimension to achieving its purpose.
The delivery areas within the Department comprise:
- infrastructure policy, including energy and forestry policy;
- land transport safety;
- roads and public transport;
- workplace standards;
- mineral resources; and
- racing services.
On behalf of the Minister for Infrastructure, Energy and Resources and the Minister for Racing, the Department also provides independent strategic policy advice and support in relation to the Government’s relationships with
many Government Business Enterprises (GBEs), Stateowned Companies (SOCs) and Statutory Authorities.
The Department aims to deliver a strategic approach to the provision of both physical and regulatory infrastructure through its corporate plan.
The corporate plan has been developed ensuring that all key Government outcomes are addressed including those outlined in Tasmania Together, the Industry Development Plan and Partnerships with Local Government. The strategic focus of the Department is on contributing to the achievement of the following Government outcomes:
- facilitation of a safe, accessible and equitable transport system that enhances economic development;
- promotion of reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable energy systems, and the promotion of energy efficiency and conservation;
- promotion of productive, safe workplaces where the rights of employees, employers, principals and the community are being met;
- facilitation of mineral exploration and land management for Tasmanian land and offshore waters; and
- maintenance of probity and integrity in the racing industry.
The following key strategic objectives will be used to achieve the above outcomes of the Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources (DIER):
- maintain and develop the infrastructure frameworksto advance social and economic development;
- achieve stakeholder support for all our business activities;
- collaborate within DIER and across all tiers of Government;
- maintain and develop a committed and capable workforce; and
- achieve best value for money within Budget.